Friday, June 5, 2015

InMobi hackathon

The day came when I had to go to participate in a Hackathon once again after a long period. It was Saturday and I woke up early morning so that I can reach at the venue on time. InMobi's office in Bangalore is a masterpiece, I must say. First line of selection process was online where our ideas were filtered and we were called at the facility after our ideas were chosen. I was joined by my friend Ravi and like every team we were allotted two cubes - the open cubes at InMobi. After Mohit's sesssion about the hackathon we went to our cubes and settled. All the teams had a mentor and we were asked to formalize our idea within a limited time. It was reviewed by our mentor after the time was over. Then we started thinking about how to approach the problem.

I got a chance to interact with Soumya during lunch. He works at InMobi on databases. He is a cool guy and we interacted a lot and shared some quality time on the lunch table. We went back to our cubes after lunch. I had few discussions with Ravi as he was facing some issues with his web interface. I was thinking about each of the modules of our idea and trying few things on linux and writng scripts for those. It was 3 in the afternoon and there was a laughter session by Sanjay Manaktala. We laughed a lot!! and it was really helpful in rejuvenating a new source of energy within us. We went back and resumed our work. After some time, we had few lines of codes working and we could actually showcase something of our idea. It was 7 in the evening and there was a third round of review by our mentor. We had a great support from Siva and his inputs were truly helpful. We had dinner after some time and I must say that the food was awesome like lunch and breakfast.

It was midnight and we decided to come back to our home and then go back to the arena next morning. We went back to the arena next morning and saw that few folks looked as if they didn't sleep at night. I met with my friend Tushar again in the morning. He had also participated in the Hackathon. It was a wonderful experience and a perfect refresher for me after college. We enjoyed the environment at InMobi a lot and I am eagerly waiting for the next one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment