Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer school on security and privacy,2011

Many days have passed when I attended summer school on security and privacy conducted by Microsoft this year.But memories are still there based on which I am writing this blog.It has been a great learning experience where I got to listen to eminent speakers from different geographies in an environment of several budding researchers not only from India but also from abroad.I had a chance to talk to several scholars of masters and PhDs from different universities in India.All of them had a fire in them to do something under this umbrella.For the first time I came across the topic called "privacy" in so much of detail.Several topics in security and privacy were taken up which were more than sufficient to light up the same fire in me to go deep into this area.I must say that the researchers from Microsoft are very helpful and whatever I had questions about,were answered by them.I appreciate several activities like panel discussions,question-answers,group picture,etc which were taken up during the school.The readers are suggested to go through the website Summer school on security and privacy, 2011 to have a detailed information about the topics covered,the speakers and for future reference which may be useful for them to apply for the next summer school.At the end I would say that overall the summer school was very much useful for me to decide my career path and to have a knowledge of not only several topics but also what and how different researchers think and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment